Natural Vitamin B Complex Supplements
Most people know that we need vitamins and mineral in our diet to maintain our good health. When we don’t get enough of these crucial elements our health can suffer. There arе many benefits to taking these vitamins and one group of vitamins people like to take is vitmain B complex which make up a multitude of various B vitamins which are essential for good health.
How B Complex Vitamins Can Help You
When you take vitamins such as B complex you should consider taking natural sources as these will be better for you. Many vitamins have chemicals and fillers added to them. A natural source vitmain is always best. A health food store can help you find good brands or you can look online. Here’s some of the health benefits of B vitamins.
- B1 or Thiamine – This vitmain is great for the nervous system and it helps maintain the acid in your stomach.
- B2 or Riboflavin – Another important B complex vitmain is B2. This vitmain helps to covert the fats we eat into carbohydrates to be sued for energy. By taking this vitmain you’ll get healthier skin and eyes too.
- B3 or Niacin – This vitmain in the B complex family helps to release energy from your food and it can keep the digestive tract and skin healthier too. You can reduce blood pressure and also have a better mental function by talking this vitmain
- B5 or Pantothenic Acid – This one helps the adrenal gland and it helps to form antibodies in your body.
- B6 or Pyridoxine – This vitmain helps to metabolize proteins and it also helps form our red blood cells
- B12 or Cyanocobalamin – This vitmain helps your nerves as well as produces red blood cells.
- Folic Acid – this vitmain helps cells grow and reproduce.
- Biotin –This vitmain helps us have healthy skin and hair and it helps to metabolize fat, protein, and carbohydrates.
Issues For Vegetarians
For those on a plant based diet there can be several issues with B complex vitamins. Many vegetarian diets contain the necessary B vitamins except for B 12 which can only be obtained from animal sources. Fortified cereals can contain this vitmain as well as eggs or milk if the vegetarian has these as a part of their diet. Often a good B complex supplement is the only way to get B12 for a vegetarian. In some cases a B12 shot might be necessary if levels are too low the body.
Plant Based Sources of B Vitamins
- B1 – Rice nuts and beans are good sources of B1.
- B2 – Leafy vegetables, almonds and avocados are good sources of B2.
- B3 – Peanuts and fortified grains are good sources of B3.
- B5 – Broccoli, celery, and grapefruit are good sources of B5.
- B6 – bananas and avocados contain the B6 vitamin.
- Folic Acid – Citrus fruits and mushrooms have folic acid.
- Biotin –Grapefruit and bananas are good sources of biotin.
When to Take B Complex Supplements
It’s a good idea to take a B complex vitmain if you’re a vegetarian in any case because these vitamins are very good for you. Pregnant women need plenty of folic acid so a B complex vitmain can be beneficial. Vitmain B12 is only found in animal sources so a strict vegetarian will need at the very minimum B12 supplements.
It’s always best to talk to a natural health care provider and visit a natural health food store to find quality natural B complex supplements. Many store bought vitamins simply aren’t suitable for consumptions due to how they were produced.